Foreman Job Summary:
We are looking for a knowledgeable, experienced, Construction Foreman to coordinate operations and oversee workers at our numerous construction sites.
As the liaison between workers and supervisors, the Foreman is the key person in charge of overseeing the completion of the project and as such must be able to see the “big picture” at all times. A keen awareness of materials expenses, permits and other regulations, as well as employee safety are all top-of-mind for the Foreman.
The ideal applicant will have a solid background in the field, strong leadership skills and the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. The Construction Foreman must be well-organized and strongly focused on safety above all and at all times.
Foreman Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and ensure that all safety rules are being followed at all sites at all times
- Produce work schedules in accordance with availability of employees, contractors and labor laws and monitor the attendance of crew
- Coordinate daily tasks according to priorities and plans, adjusting as necessary due to weather, supply delivery and personnel
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and individual projects to the crew and contractors.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, manage and train employees and contractors
- Provide for adequate resources and staffing to meet safety needs, regulations, best practices, laws and project schedule
- Emphasis on the safe use of tools, machinery and equipment including training on safety gear, helmets, and procedures
- Develop and oversee quality standards on all sites
- Monitor and manage project budgets on all sites
- Resolve conflicts or miscommunication that may happen on site quickly and amicably
- Report project status to supervisors, site engineers and officials regularly
- Foreman Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or certification in a skilled trade (electrician, carpenter)
- 4+ years’ experience as construction foreman
- Extensive knowledge of construction best practices, equipment maintenance and use, and OSH guidelines
- Understanding of use and maintenance of electrical and hydraulic systems
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints and convey this information to others
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Aptitude in math and strong problem-solving abilities
- Good physical condition and stamina
- Fluency in English; Spanish a plus